Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whilst the cat's away...


I'm a bachelor for a couple of weeks whilst the wife visits relatives in Italy so I'm doing all the things I get told off about doing when she's here, for example, I'm eating all those rubbishy ready-made foods which all Italian wives frown at. You know the ones, they tempt you even though you know there's more goodness in the packaging than in the product. I've let the dogs sleep on the bed! I've 'pruned' runaway bushes in the garden (which I'm not allowed to touch) (they could be dead now) shhh... I've taken up a 10 day free trial of World of Warcraft (Burning Crusade add-on) and resurrected my level 60 Warrior - Cormac - yeah, yeah I'm a fan of Neal Asher - and am clicking away killing mobs, npcs, other players (Horde characters) though mostly I'm getting my arse handed to me as I'm not as quick as youngsters that play this game, there should be bonuses for old giffers like me...
I've had Classic FM rattling my windows with my Hi-Fi turned up to OUCH! When I've had time to watch the telly I've watched programs I like! Sheesh, now when I look at it all it seems pretty mundane stuff, where are the parties? Where are the strippers? Where are the kegs of beer? I must be getting old... Oh well, time for dinner, now let's see, will it be that Chinesy thingy with all the coloured bits in or that weird-looking curry? Hmm... or I could pop around to the pub and have a steak and a pint...

4 comments:

Chris said...

Steak and a pint for me... :)

Bob Lock said...

Snap, Chris!
That's what I finally decided on!

Neal Asher said...

Not quite how I visualised Cormac, Bob. Maybe a bit less armour?

Bob Lock said...

Sorry about that, Neal :)
Actually a MMORPG based on The Polity would be quite a good idea, I can just see the Golems, Whelks, Prador, Sails and all the other creatures and characters now. Not many good SF based games out there at the moment, Star Wars was ok, Eve is very popular but not my kind of game, Anarchy Online was very good too. There's certainly a lot of money to be made from them.