Sunday, July 30, 2006

Found an old Spectrum Adventure I wrote, still online!





Imagine my surprise to find an old Spectrum game that I wrote in 1985 still available on the internet!
It's called Rogue Comet and was the second of three graphic adventures I wrote for the Spectrum and the C64. Comet was also available through Micronet800 (Prestel) anyone remember that? The UK for-runner of the internet.

A few years after releasing my game Spielberg came up with a game called The Dig, which involved a space shuttle landing on a rogue asteroid with the intention of blowing it up before it collided with Earth. However, upon landing on it they find it is actually hollow and is in fact a space-ship... hmm... now where did I hear that before?

If you are bored out of your skull and fancy a go then the game is here, run through an emulator. Your java needs to be working for it though:

Click Here For Rogue Comet

4 comments:

Chris said...

Speecy coders don't die, they're just resting... I don't remember that game, but "wrote" a few adventures in my youth - never released and all lost, but I do remember "Krakatoa" which I was quite fond of, since it had a loading screen too! :)

Bob Lock said...

Hiyahs Chris,

I don't remember Krakatoa but did enjoy playing one called Snowball (I think it was that), was a SF based text adventure.

Bob

Chris said...

None of my adventures were released... purely for my own "enjoyment".

Ah, those were the days..

Anonymous said...

Heh...

Stupid red button!

Whuddya thunk it!