Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My first ISBN!

Well the ISBN for Flames of Herakleitos has come through to Steve over on Screamingdreams. It's the first one for me (I have been in a few anthos and shared ISBNs but this is mine, all mine!)
Editing the damn thing is scary though, I'm on my third PDF from Steve and hopefully the last. It's really surprising how you still come across errors even after reading through your manuscript loads and loads of times. I think the writer must see things more in his mind than what is actually on the page and accepts what he thinks is right even though the text is actually wrong. For example I found I put from instead of form, yet I must have skipped over that mistake at least a dozen or more times. Oh well, fingers crossed, this might be the last edit...

3 comments:

Chris said...

Not available on amazon or Waterstones' websites yet...

Bob Lock said...

No you won't find it yet, Chris!
Hopefully I'll be checking the final draft today if Steve sends it. There were only four or five typos to adjust on the last one so I'm hoping this will be easy. He's done the back cover and back of book blurb. He's put a couple of adds on the spare pages in the back and that's it. So perhaps in the next day or two it will go to the printers, should have a copy in hand within two weeks.
Phew, scary stuff...

Steve said...

Yeah, I haven't sent back the form yet for this particular ISBN to register the final details on the database. I thought it best to wait until the final draft was done incase any last minute changes were needed! But almost there now.

Wish us luck!